Sunday, December 14, 2008

Caramel RK Balls

Brrrrrr, it's cold out there! It was -31 this morning when we got up, I have no idea what it was with the wind! Good day to stay inside and make gooey yummy treats. These ones make Auntie Viki's teeth hurt but we like them.
It's so much easier when you have a great helper too!

Here's the recipe:

4 cups crispy rice cereal (Holiday Rice Krispies)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup margarine
30 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped ( we used 45)
1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows

(we cut our marshmallows in half using wet kitchen scissors so they didn't stick)

DIRECTIONS

Line trays with waxed paper. Pour rice cereal into a shallow dish or bowl.

In a double boiler, combine condensed milk, margarine and caramels. Cook, stirring, over simmering water, until melted and smooth.


Using two forks, dip marshmallows one at a time into caramel mixture, then roll in rice cereal. Place on waxed paper until set.

3 comments:

Saucy said...

We make the same carmel mixture and toss it into corn flakes... we call it "cowboy", I don't know why. I bought the ingredients to make some today, so it may show up on my blog before Christmas... your version with rice krispies wrapped around a marshmallow is HARD CORE! I lurrve it1

Jennspiration said...

Yumm-mmmmy! All of your holiday goodies look de-lish! I have yet to start any holidy baking...I better jump on it! Thanks for being my sole commenter on my blog! I appreciate it!

sassy said...

What a sweet looking little helper! I made the egg nog tarts.....a HUGE hit with Nana! Thanks JL!